Great Wall at Mutianyu used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and imperial tombs in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). This section is surrounded by woodland and streams. It is a section restored in early 1980s, however it retains the original feature of ancient defence system. It’s easy to access by 45 miles away from Beijing.
What is included in the tour
- return air-con & comfortable bus from Beijing to Mutianyu
- entrance ticket to the Great Wall
- English-speaking tour guide
- lunch (excluding drinks)
What is NOT included in the tour
- travel insurance
- cable car (CNY120 for double way, CNY100 for single way, children receives 50% discount)
- toboggan (CNY100 for single way, CNY60 for children)
- personal expense
- Less-visited & closest section of the Great Wall
- Stunning photo opportunity on the Great Wall
- No hidden cost; no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops
- Guaranteed departure with even 1 person
Meet you up at 7:30 am and drive to Mutianyu (1.5 hours). You will start the hiking around 9:00, and it will take about 3 hours to complete the walking. Mutianyu offers a wonderfully satisfying experience of the Wall. It has superb scenery, dense vegetation and many fine watchtowers in an excellent restored section which is about six meters broad. The brickwork is elaborate, with crenellations on both sides and finely curved eaves on some watch-tower roofs. There are decorative gables with animal statues, and tablets bearing calligraphy above some entrances. There are 3 options downhill: by walking, by cable car (optional) or by toboggan (optional). A lunch at a local restaurant will be organized after the walking before returning your hotel.