Escape from crowds and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience with us on the Great Wall at Jinshanling!
As the most popular hiking trip of the Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both Simatai West and Jinshanling sections of the Wall within 3 hours.
What is included in the tour
- return air-con & comfortable bus from Beijing to Jinshanling
- entrance ticket of Jinshanling
- one bottle of water on the Great Wall
- group local farmer guide, basic English-speaking
What is NOT included in the tour
- travel insurance
- personal expense
- Less-visited, original, wild, untouched and safe section of the Great Wall
- Stunning photo opportunity on the Great Wall
- No hidden cost; no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops
- Guaranteed departure with even 1 person
We will meet up at 8am and then drive 2.5 hours to Simatai West on expressway.
Upon arrival at 10:30 am, our local farmer guide will greet you. A 40-minute steps walking up will lead you to East-Five-Eye watchtower at Simatai West. You may take a few breaths before reaching the Wall, and will be rewarded by the breathtaking panoramic view of this amazing human constructions. Take a short break and some photos here, we will then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling. The whole experience will take up to 3 hours. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.