A short excursion escaping from crowds and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience on less-visited, original and wild sections of the Great Wall at Gubeikou & Jinshanling for 2days!
The 2-day hiking is escorted by a local farmer upon arrival, the host at Great Wall Inn Gubeikou.
What is included in the tour
- return air-con & comfortable bus from Beijing to Gubeikou & Jinshanling
- entrance ticket of Gubeikou & Jinshanling
- one bottle of water on the Great Wall
- group local farmer guide upon arrival, basic English-speaking
- twin-shared accommodation at Great Wall Inn Gubeikou
- 1 breakfast/ 2 lunches/ 1 dinner
- a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
What is NOT included in the tour
- travel insurance
- personal expense
- Less-visited, original, wild, untouched and safe section of the Great Wall
- Stunning photo opportunity on the Great Wall
- No hidden cost; no unscheduled or mandatory shopping stops
- Guaranteed departure with even 1 person
Day 1 Beijing to Gubeikou
Meet you up by our driver at 8am and then drive to Gubeikou. You will start the hiking around 10:30 am, and it will take about 3 hours/5km to complete the hiking at Coiling Dragon Hill. A lunch at Great Wall Inn’s restaurant will be organized after the hiking. You're free to explore the village in the afternoon.
Gubeikou, along with the passes at Shanhaiguan and Juyongguan, was a key strategic target in military campaigns since ancient times. Protecting these three passes was considered vital for keeping Beijing safe from the Mongolian nomads. This is a flat valley further to the west, one of vital importance since it connected the Mongolian Plateau to the north with the vast fertile plains of north China. The vistas of the sinuous Wall snaking its way over the ridges of the Yanshan are breathtaking.
Meals: lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Great Wall Inn Gubeikou
Day 2 Jinshanling to Beijing
We will drive to Jinshanling in 20 minutes after breakfast, and start the hike at 8am. It’s the right time to produce amazing photographs. At this time there are usually no other tourists on the wall, you have the wall to yourself. It will take about 3 hours/7km hiking on the wall. We will get off the wall near Kylin Tower and then a lunch is organised at local restaurant.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watchtowers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
Our farmer host will say goodbye to us after lunch. The driver will bring you back to the city afterward.